So, you're getting a puppy...
Are you considering welcoming a puppy to your family? Are you preparing for your puppy's arrival? Maybe you've just welcomed a new puppy......
So, you're getting a puppy
... is an interactive workshop to support potential and new puppy parents. Giving your dog the best start as a member of your family begins from the moment you decide you’d like to introduce a dog into your home. Potter Paws will be with you every step of the way as you start you and your dog’s journey on the right path through your lives together.
Having a proactive approach to dog-parenting ensures your dog has the best opportunity to become the best family member he can be.
Our Interactive Workshop can help with questions such as
- Would a puppy suit me and my family?
- How will a puppy/dog affect my life and commitments?
- Can I still work if I have a dog? What care options are there?
- Is a puppy right for us or should we rehome an older dog?
- Rescue or Breeder?
- What breed would suit my lifestyle?
- How do I find a good breeder?
- What should I look for when choosing a rescue puppy?
- What hidden costs are there?
- What equipment do I need to buy for my dog?
- How should I set up the house?
- Do I really need to buy _____ ?
- What do I do when they first come home?
- Where should they sleep on the first night?
- When can I take my new puppy outside?
- Should I invite guests over to meet him straightaway?
- What training do we need?
- When should we start training classes or 121 sessions?
Workshops are limited to a maximum of 6 families to ensure there is plenty of opportunity to ask your own questions.
This workshop is also available as a recorded webinar